If you want to become a surrogate mother, Chicago is one of the best places to do it. The process isn’t legal everywhere, but Chicago law allows both traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Become a Surrogate Mother in Chicago
In addition to the physical process itself, surrogacy involves a lot of legal work – contracts that, in order to be worth anything, must be enforceable. They aren’t in every state, which means that even if the surrogacy procedure is legal, the whole process could be cancelled if one of the parties changed their mind or there was a disagreement.
However, in Chicago surrogate mothers – alongside the intended parents – are protected by the full force of the law; Chicago legislation supports these contracts, and the state’s courts have consistently upheld them.
Interested in becoming a surrogate mother in Chicago?
- Applicant must have a strong desire to help others.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 39.
- Applicant must have given birth at least once.
- Applicant must have had no complications during any pregnancy or delivery.
- Applicant must be healthy and of an appropriate weight for her height.
- Applicant must be professional in conduct, manner and appearance.
- Applicant must not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or use drugs.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and reside in Illinois.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Applicant must have children with no genetic illnesses.
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to become a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable caseworkers will be in touch to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with the Chicago Surrogacy Agency!